Located right on the shores of the blue waters of the Caribbean, El Dorado Royale provides plenty of ways to play in the water. The resort features 13 pools, one of which is a natural saltwater pool. Scuba clinics are offered in the main pool, while the lazy river meanders around the resort. Non-motorized water sports include paddleboating, kayaking and snorkeling. And this is the only resort in the area to offer on-site wave-runners, ATV tours and horseback riding. The resorts also offers a variety of fitness options, from the complete fitness center and tennis courts to the bicycles you can ride around the beautiful grounds. Join in a yoga class or take a sauna or steam bath.
Each night, the disco comes alive in a huge palapa. The Red Carpet Night offers a heady mix of gourmet food, wine and tequila tasting, cigar rollers, a live band and acrobats. For those who want a wider view, the Tour Desk can arrange exciting off-site excursions. Enjoy a day of deep-sea fishing, scuba diving, or shopping. Rent a car and explore Mayan ruins, or take the shuttle service to visit Cancun or Playa del Carmen.
Restaurants, Bars, & Lounges
• Cocotal Restaurant – Delightful flavors from all over the world are served à la carte every day at Cocotal. Cocotal offers something for everyone in an elegant air-conditioned atmosphere. For those in rush, breakfast dining offers food displays with fresh fruits, pastries, cereals, omelet stations and more, in addition to an à la carte menu.
• Gourmet Corners – To satisfy those sudden afternoon cravings (for food!), Gourmet Corners are the answer. Enjoy pizza fresh from a wood-fired oven at La Cabaña Pizzeria. Healthy Corner offers fresh fruit, juices and smoothies, while Rincón Mexicano serves Mexican delicacies.
• JoJo’s Caribbean Seaside Grill – A true seaside grill, JoJo’s offers authentic, fresh Caribbean cuisine in the most idyllic of settings. With fresh, sea breezes and the sounds of waves rolling in, the Caribbean Sea provides all the ambiance guests could ask for at this relaxed, open-air restaurant. With a chef’s menu that changes daily, with just-off-the-boat fresh fish, JoJo’s is a seafood lover’s paradise. From authentic ceviche to traditional fish and chips, each dish is prepared fresh, just the way you like it.
• La Isla Restaurant – This open-air palapa restaurant features continental breakfast as well as à la carte international breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a special focus on Mediterranean cuisine at dinner.
• Fuentes Culinary Theatre – A foodie’s dream come true, Fuentes is the ultimate in dining and entertainment. Dinner and a show? It’s all right here in one place. With five open kitchens under a 90-foot vaulted thatched roof, Fuentes offers an epicurean adventure to satisfy both your appetite and your curiosity. Flat-screen TVs display the Michelin-trained chefs’ cooking techniques and Mexico’s rich culinary heritage.
• Kampai Restaurant – Take in the stunning ocean views as you enjoy the best of authentic Pacific Rim cuisine from India, Vietnam, China and Japan. Don’t miss the area’s freshest sushi or the authentic spring rolls. Buddha statues highlight the enchanting Thai-inspired décor.
• D’Italia Restaurant – With five-star service, soaring ceilings and lush interiors, D’Italia offers couples in love the perfect intimate dining experience. Let the soft, alluring sounds of a string quartet seduce you as you enjoy an exquisite Italian meal prepared by the gourmet chefs. The menu’s modern take on traditional dishes—with inspired favorites, like the lobster lasagna—rivals the creations of the world’s finest culinary venues. No visit to the El Dorado Royale is complete without spending a romantic evening here.
• Santa Fe Grill – In the midst of decor reminiscent of the old New Mexico missions, Santa Fe Grill is an innovative proposal catering unique flavors on coal oven-cooked dishes and presentations ideal for sharing. It is, no doubt, a memorable experience of our guest, recommended to enjoy at sunset, due to its spectacular view of the sun setting over the surrounding mangrove.
• Martini Bar – Sip martinis while taking in spectacular views of the Caribbean at the sophisticated Martini Bar, featuring more than 30 martinis and premium vodkas from around the world. Don’t miss the signature “Dorado Martini,” a shimmering cocktail made with flecks of real gold. With a pool table and outside seating, the Martini Bar is a great spot for a pre- or after-dinner drink.
• Swim-Up Bars – The nine swim-up bars serve gourmet snacks, premium cocktails and other refreshing beverages without you having to leave the pool. All swim-up bars are open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the exception of the Beach Bar, which stays open till 2:00 a.m.
• Bar Las Guacamayas – With swinging beach beds and chairs, tiki torches and warm sea breezes, Las Guacamayas is the ultimate beach bar. Sit back with your favorite libation and enjoy the live music, or show off your own talent on Karaoke night. Either way, it’s the perfect place to chill.
• Fitness center
• 6 Swimming Pools
• Lazy River
• 15 Restaurants
• 2 Spas
• Free international calling to anywhere in the world
Cable / Satellite TV
Terrace or Balcony
Phone / Voice Mail System
Iron & Ironing Board
Wake up call service
Digital AM/FM Alarm Clock Radio
LCD Flat Screen TV
Safe Deposit Box
Kettle / Tea